The driver took a long way round and charged me extra
In Cabify the rates are calculated at the time of ordering, taking into account the optimal route to your destination and the expected duration.
The price may also vary depending on availability of vehicles at that time, but if there is a surcharge, you'll see it when confirming your order.
Therefore, even if the driver takes a longer route (to avoid traffic, for example) it makes no difference to the price.The final journey price can only differ from the original estimation if:
- If you make extra stops during your journey
- If you exceed the courtesy waiting time (see your city’s fares page for info on waiting times)
- If you change your drop off point
- If you go through tolls not included in the estimated price
- If you change your pick up point after the courtesy waiting time has elapsed.
- If you request a child seat that's not already included
For more information on what to do if you believe that your driver did not act appropriately, see "What can I do if I was unhappy with the driver?".