Can a small child travel without a child seat?
At Cabify we always respect the law. Most countries’ laws state that if a child is under a certain height (usually 1.35cm), they must ride in a Child Retention System placed in the rear of the vehicle.
Don’t worry, you’ll just need to select a Cabify Baby when you order your car, and message the driver specifying what type of child seat you need.
- In Cabify we have Child Retention Systems according to the size and weight of the minor (groups 0, 1, 2 or 3). Request it in your message to the driver (see "Can I send a message to the driver?")
- Remember that the first chair is FREE, and that there will be a cost for each additional Child Restraint System (check specific country info below). The additional system amount will be added to your trip invoice once it has been made and verified by our team.
- In case of requesting a retention system in ASAP immediate requests, Cabify can not guarantee that the vehicle has a chair, or that if it does, that it will be of the requested Group.
- To request more than one retention system, the request must be made with a minimum of 6 hours in advance, with 3 maximum of available seats per trip.
- Finally, don’t forget that seats in Group 0 or Group 0 + have to be placed in the opposite direction of travel.
Follow these tips and all the family can enjoy the ride with Cabify.
Additional regional information
- In Argentina law requires that children under 12 or under 1.20 metres should travel in the rear seats of the vehicle and should always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- In Colombia we do not currently provide a child seat service.
- We do not currently offer this service in Panama.
- For children that weigh under 15kg or are less than 3 years old, it’s necessary to reserve a child seat. The first child seat is free, any additional seats will incur a cost of 4 €
- The cost for a second child seat is 5 €.